In essence the Bible tells the story of man's evolution from Adam consciousness to Christ consciousness.
We explore these classic and well-known stories from a metaphysical and archetypical perspective to stimulate personal growth and improve family relationships but fore mostly, to be more in touch with our Higher Self, the Divine within.
Each of the stories are presented in two to three hour workshops generally as part of a series as themed below.
OVERVIEW OF THE BIBLE
- Introduction to the Origin of the Bible and ways to read it
- Importance of the Axial Age in Humanity’s Consciousness Evolution
THE ALLEGORIES OF GENESIS
- Two Creation Stories
- Adam and Eve and the Garden of Eden
- Cain and Abel
- Noah, the Flood and its aftermath
- The Tower of Babel
THE PATRIARCHS OF GENESIS – ABRAHAM TO JOSEPH
- The Journey begins: Abram, Lot and Sarai sets out on a journey + Sodom and Gomorrah
- Sacrifice and Separation: Abraham, Sarah, Hagar, Ishmael and Isaac
- Chosen, Favouritism and Sibling rivalry: Isaac, Esau and Jacob
- Dreams & Dream Interpretation in the Underworld: Jacob and Joseph
- Returns & Reunions as part of the Hero’s Journey: Jacob and Joseph
- The Matriarchs: Sarah, Rebecca, Leah and Rachel and the Feminine aspect of Soul
EXODUS AND THE QUEST FOR THE PROMISED LAND: The Moses in Me
- The First 40: from a basket in the Nile to Pharaoh’s court
- The Middle 40: from slaying an Egyptian to tending Jethro’s sheep to the Burning bush
- The Last 40: Back to Pharaoh’s court, then trials and tribulations in the Desert
- The Ten Commandments
- The Promised Land
Margo Bastos is well versed in The Hebrew Bible. She has a masters in Jewish studies from UCT and has also explored Kabbalistic teaching and interpretations.
Jean Wildervanck is an ardent student of the Bible from a Christian New Thought perspective. She taught a course in Human Development and the Stages of Faith for several years at Rhodes University's Divinity faculty as part of the course in Pastoral Care.
Margo and Jean present these workshops to stimulate your independent thought and personal growth. Our students have come from all walks of life and many different religious denominations. We like to think of ourselves as students of truth and welcome students of all persuasions.